Get More Information
Dr. T. MANOHAR
- MBBS, MS, DNB, MD
- Specialty: Urology and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Location: Bangalore, India
Dr. Manohar, a qualified and internationally acclaimed Urologist, has the experience and surgical expertise to treat problems ranging from very simple infections to the most complex disorders. He is adept at performing laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, laparoscopoic radical prostatectomy, laparoscopic partial nephrectomy, LASER and Bipolar prostatectomy and PCNL for large stone in kidney. He has the ability to perform minimally invasive surgeries for all urological disorders including Uro oncology, Pediatric urology, lap reconstructive urology, renal transplant and other innovative urological procedures. He has expertise in ultrasound in Urology and Interventional uroradiology including TRUS and laparoscopid ultrasound techniques.
Having conducted 700 renal transplants and over a 100 laparoscopic donor nephrectomies, he has indigenously developed an axial rigidometer A and Endocatch bag for speciment retrieval after laparoscopic organ ablation.
He has more than 100 publications and poster presentations in various national and international journals and has several honors, awards and fellowships to his credit. A globally sought after panelist, moderator and expert reviewer he is also a popular presenter at international meets to demonstrate the techniques of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy. He is also involved in kidney cancer research, including pediatric group, for the Indian population. He is currently assessing the epidemiology, etiology and PSA level of CA prostate in Indian men and researching stone disease, its relation to diet and family history.
Areas of Special interest
Laparoscopy and endourology
- Uro oncology
- Pediatric urology
- Renal transplant and its laparoscopic applications
- Robotics in urology
- LASER applications in urology
Endourologic (including PCNL, ESWL, Flexible ureteroscopy, TURP URS, LASER applications and all advances of endourology.) and laparoscopic urological surgeries including advanced laparoscopy(Radical prostatectomy, Radical cystectomy, Partial nephrectomy laparoscopic pyeloplasty, etc..) pediatric laparoscopy and uro-oncology.
Actively involved in renal transplant including Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy.
Honors, Awards and Fellowships :
- Received Ist prize for the poster presentation: Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy Vs open donor nephrectomy: MPUH experience, at west zone conference ,Gwalior,2006 India.
- Received fellowship degree award in endourology and laparoscopy at cleaveland clinic, Ohio,USA at World congress of endourology august 2006.
- Best video at Singapore video congress Retrograde Intravesical Reconstructive Surgery (RIVRS): New technique for endoscopic management of lower ureter in upper tract TCC and partial bladder resection and primaryreconstruction.
- Best Nu trust video prize : laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for complex situations : KUACON, 2008 –Kodaikanal
- First prize : laparoscopic Radical nephrectomy - initial experience : SZUSICON :2008- Tirupathi