Sleeve GastrectomyFor the affected person being overweight or obese can have serious health implications. Sleeve Gastrectomy is a minimally invasive technique of bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery). a device called laparoscope is used for this procedure. This procedure is called as a laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy When done using a laparoscope device. Alternative names for Sleeve Gastrectomy are Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure, Vertical Gastrectomy, Greater Curvature Gastrectomy, Parietal Gastrectomy, Gastric Reduction, Logitudinal Gastrectomy and even Vertical Gastroplasty.
By restricting the amount of food that can be eaten by a morbidly obese person a laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure leads to a weight loss. This is done without bypassing the intestines or causing any gastrointestinal malabsorption by removing 85% or more of the stomach.
a person is a candidate for the laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure morbidly If he/she is obese (Body Mass Index>55) with co morbidities.
ProcedureA bariatric surgeon performes the Sleeve Gastrectomy. Aminimally invasive technique is used in this procedure. This procedure which takes about an hour involves making five small incisions in the abdomen. By using stapling devices a small pouch about 120cc in size in stomach is made. While the gastrointestinal tract is kept unaltered the remaining stomach is removed. Before completing the operation a “leak test” is done. Thus, the stomach size is dramatically reduced.
No drains and nasogastric tubes are required In a Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure. The recovery of the patient is quicker with a shorter hospital stay since it is a minimally invasive procedure. Usually in about 2 weeks the patient can return to work and resume strenuous activity. They can possibly get back to work sooner than 2 weeks for those who have light duty at work. Please seek doctor’s guidance on this.
For better results the lifestyle modification plan given by your doctor should be followed.
- weight loss due to Decreases appetite (prolonged sense of fullness after meals)
- Less scarring, less blood loss, fewer chances of infection, shorter hospital stay, and quicker recovery and less expensive as the procedure is minimally invasive.
- for severely obese people Safe procedure
- lesser time under anaesthesia for the patient
- The chance of intestinal obstruction (blockage), anemia, osteoporosis, protein deficiency and vitamin deficiency are almost eliminated as no requirement of disconnecting or reconnecting intestines. Hence the intestinal bypass avoided.
- It can be converted to almost any other weight loss procedure Even though this procedure is not reversible (because the stomach is removed).
- Minimizes the chance of an ulcer occurring.
- this procedure is irreversible Since a part of the stomach is removed
- no long term data is available as Sleeve Gastrectomy is comparatively new weight-loss procedure
- Sleeve Gastrectomy requires patient to follow disciplined lifestyle , the diet and avoid nutritional deficiencies and malnutrition Like any other weight loss surgery,
- Requires cutting and removing a portion of the stomach
- Not advisable for teenagers and women who wish to become pregnant in future
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
- Hospital Stay in a Private Room as indicated above. One attendant can stay with the patient.
- Nursing & Diet charges.
- Routine lab tests
- Admitting Consultant's visit charges
- Surgeon’s Fees and OT Charges
- Hospital stay after the said period.
- Visit charges after the said period.
- Cross consultations, if any.
Get answers to your queries round the clock
Call us or write to us anytime
Video Call or Telephonic Call facility with doctors
Get answers to all your medical queries
Free Airport Services - Pick up and Drop
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Move in the city
Hire our network Taxi Service at special rates
Choose hotels and guest houses that suites your budget
Special rates for our patients
Mobile Phone Rental
Get Pre-paid cards of different values
A representative to go with patients for treatments, appointments and for personal assistance
Ground Assistance Services
FRRO Registration, Flight Ticket Booking, Internal Transfers etc.
Write to us: email@example.com