Prostate CancerThe prostate gland is located at the base or neck of the urinary bladder and is a part of a man's reproductive system. Storage and secretion of a slightly alkaline fluid that constitutes 20-30% of the volume of the semen is its main function. This alkaline fluid is responsible for neutralization of the acidic vaginal passage for semen retention.
What is Prostate Cancer?Cancerous growth in the cells of the prostate gland is called Prostate cancer. it is most prevalent in men over 75 years of age and is the third most common cause of death from cancer in men of all ages. men younger than 40 are seldom affected by Prostate cancer.
Causes of Prostate Cancer.
- Men over 60 years of age
- Family history of Prostate cancer
- Consumption of excessive alcohol
- High fat diet, particularly animal fat
- Radiation exposure and also to chemicals like cadmium
Prostate Cancer SymptomsBelow some symptoms are listed, these may occur with prostate cancer or may be caused by other prostate problems thus making a proper diagnosis imperative to a line of treatment before confirmation of the disease.
- Strain while urinating due to tardy start and a slow urinary stream. Not being able to empty out all of the urine at a time.
- After urinating dribbling or leakage of urine.
- urine or semen discharge with blood
- on spreading of cancer, pain in lower back and pelvic bones
Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- Rectal examination
- Prostate biopsy
- PSA blood test
- CT scan
- Bone scan
Prostate Cancer TreatmentThe line of treatment is decided based on the stage of cancer and the risk factors. Following are some of the options available:
- Surgery: this option is best suited when the cancer has not yet spread beyond the prostate gland. This surgery is called Radical Prostatectomy, in it removal of the prostate and the nearby tissue is done.
- Radiation Therapy: to kill cancer cells High-powered x-rays are used in this procedure.
- Prostate Brachytherapy: to destroy the malignancy some radioactive seeds are placed inside the prostate gland in this procedure.
- Proton Therapy: for less damage to the surrounding tissue in this proton beams are aimed onto a tumor. This type of radiotherapy treatment used to treat prostate cancer is quite common.
- Hormone Therapy: testosterone is needed by Prostate cancer cells to grow. In Hormonal therapy the effect of testosterone is decreased on prostate cancer. Further growth and spread of cancer is prevented by these treatments.
- Chemotherapy: When prostate cancers which no longer respond to hormone treatment, this therapy is used to treat those cancers.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
- Hospital Stay in a Private Room as indicated above. One attendant can stay with the patient.
- Nursing & Diet charges.
- Routine lab tests
- Admitting Consultant's visit charges
- Surgeon’s Fees and OT Charges
- Hospital stay after the said period.
- Visit charges after the said period.
- Cross consultations, if any.
Get answers to your queries round the clock
Call us or write to us anytime
Video Call or Telephonic Call facility with doctors
Get answers to all your medical queries
Free Airport Services - Pick up and Drop
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Move in the city
Hire our network Taxi Service at special rates
Choose hotels and guest houses that suites your budget
Special rates for our patients
Mobile Phone Rental
Get Pre-paid cards of different values
A representative to go with patients for treatments, appointments and for personal assistance
Ground Assistance Services
FRRO Registration, Flight Ticket Booking, Internal Transfers etc.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org