What is KyphoplastyPain caused by vertebral compression fractures in the spine is treated by a procedure called Kyphoplasty. Each year thousands of people suffer from Vertebral fractures osteoporosis being the main cause of these fractures. Bone looses its strength and becomes more susceptible to fractures with Osteoporosis. For the maximum probability of restoring the spinal bone to its standard height Kyphoplasty should be completed within eight weeks of when the fracture occurs.
Following tests needs to be done after a physical examination to confirm the presence of a compression fracture
- Blood tests,
- Spine x-rays
- Radioisotope bone scan or
When is Kyphoplasty recommended?Patients who experience painful symptoms or spinal deformities due to vertebral compression fractures resulting from osteoporosis opt for this procedure. Kyphoplasty is also performed on patients who:
- Inability to tolerate open spinal surgery due to age or poor health.
- bones too frail for surgical spinal repair
- cancerous tumor leading to vertebral damage
- Are younger and have osteoporosis caused by a long-term steroid management or a metabolic disorder.
How does the procedure work?In Kyphoplasty, procedures x-ray equipment, a hollow needle/tube called a trocar, orthopedic cement, barium powder and a solvent are used. balloon tamp is a special device used on these procedures.
Firstly through the trocar into the fractured vertebra, a balloon is inserted. it is inflated to create a cavity once the balloon reaches there, and also helps in pushing the bone back to its standard height and shape. Thereafter the balloon is removed to insert cement into the cavity created by the balloon. The vertebra is stabilized by the hardenening of the cement.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
- Hospital Stay in a Private Room as indicated above. One attendant can stay with the patient.
- Nursing & Diet charges.
- Routine lab tests
- Admitting Consultant's visit charges
- Surgeon’s Fees and OT Charges
- Hospital stay after the said period.
- Visit charges after the said period.
- Cross consultations, if any.
Get answers to your queries round the clock
Call us or write to us anytime
Video Call or Telephonic Call facility with doctors
Get answers to all your medical queries
Free Airport Services - Pick up and Drop
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Move in the city
Hire our network Taxi Service at special rates
Choose hotels and guest houses that suites your budget
Special rates for our patients
Mobile Phone Rental
Get Pre-paid cards of different values
A representative to go with patients for treatments, appointments and for personal assistance
Ground Assistance Services
FRRO Registration, Flight Ticket Booking, Internal Transfers etc.
Write to us: email@example.com