DiscectomyCushion like Disks separate the spinal bones (vertebrae). These discs help in protecting the spinal column. The soft gel inside is pushed through the wall of the disk, when one of these disks herniates i.e. moves out of its place causing pressure on the spinal cord and nerves that comes out of the spinal column.
Discectomy is the surgical intervention done for the removal of portions of the herniated disc or the nucleus pulposus which exerts pressure.The removal of the part of the herniated disc that is pinching or putting pressure on the nerve roots is the main objective of this procedure. Thus relieving the pain and numbness and also permitting recovery of any weakness caused by the herniated disks.
When is Discectomy recommended?When a herniated disk causes one or all of the following problems Discectomy is done:
- Numbness or pain in legs
- lower leg or buttocks muscles weakness
- Failure in controlling urination or bowel movements.
Types of DiscectomyDepending upon the severity of condition a disk removal (Discectomy) is performed in different ways:
- MicroDiscectomy: It is a modern technique of minimal invasive technique in which an incision of just 1- 1-1/2 inch is done on the back. To reduces muscle damage while the surgery is carried out it uses a special muscle-spreading instrument. This procedure usually takes 1-2 hours and is carried out under spinal or general anesthesia.
- Discectomy: Discectomey also includes a laminectomy or spinal fusion , and is usually done of the lower part of the back (lumbar spine) or neck. It is thus a part of a larger surgery. This surgery is performed under general anesthesia. In this a small part of the lamina bone cut and a larger incision in made on the back.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
- Hospital Stay in a Private Room as indicated above. One attendant can stay with the patient.
- Nursing & Diet charges.
- Routine lab tests
- Admitting Consultant's visit charges
- Surgeon’s Fees and OT Charges
- Hospital stay after the said period.
- Visit charges after the said period.
- Cross consultations, if any.
Get answers to your queries round the clock
Call us or write to us anytime
Video Call or Telephonic Call facility with doctors
Get answers to all your medical queries
Free Airport Services - Pick up and Drop
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Move in the city
Hire our network Taxi Service at special rates
Choose hotels and guest houses that suites your budget
Special rates for our patients
Mobile Phone Rental
Get Pre-paid cards of different values
A representative to go with patients for treatments, appointments and for personal assistance
Ground Assistance Services
FRRO Registration, Flight Ticket Booking, Internal Transfers etc.
Write to us: email@example.com