Cochlear ImplantationFor people who are profoundly deaf or severely hard-of-hearing Cochlear implants have become a new ray of hope. A cochlear implant is a small electronic device.
When compared to a hearing aid Cochlear Implants work in a very different way, because it is surgically implanted and the functioning of the entire system is different. Cochlear implants do the work of damaged parts of the inner ear (cochlea) to send sound signals to the brain unlike hearing aids, which make sounds louder.
Who can benefit from it from cochlear implants?
- For those people who are completely or almost completely deaf in both ears Cochlear implants are beneficial. These people have had no benefit or improvement with hearing aids. It has to be noted that a person is not a good candidate for cochlear implants if he/she or a child can hear well enough with hearing aids.
- The instructions given by the treating doctor are to be strictly followed by the patient and he/she should be highly motivated. They must learn how to properly use and maintain the device after the cochlear implant is placed.
- For what will occur after surgery the patient needs to keep reasonable expectations since the device does not restore or create "normal" hearing.
- Children need to be enrolled in programs that help them learn how to process sound, thus Cochlear implants may prove very beneficial for children.
- In order to determine if a patient is a candidate for a cochlear implant ear, nose, and throat doctor (otolaryngologist) carry out proper evaluation tests.
How a cochlear implant is different from a hearing aid?Cochlear implants differ from hearing aids in two important ways:
- Hearing aids simply amplify the sounds. On the other hand the cochlear implants, transform the speech and other sounds into electrical energy which stimulates the hearing nerve located in the inner ear.
- Cochlear implants have two sets of components unlike most hearing aids, both internal and external components. The cochlear implant system consists of an external speech processor and headset (worn behind the ear) and an internal, surgically implanted receiver/stimulator package with an electrode array.
World-Class Cochlear Implantation Center in New Delhi, IndiaCochlear Implantation Center in New Delhi, India is a world-class NABH accredited centre, which is a part of one of the Asia’s leading healthcare providers, operating a chain of modern hospitals in India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam. It delivers effective healthcare services at most affordable prices. The Cochlear Implantation Center is highly driven by quality and technology and is focused on delivering the highest-quality of patient care.
Know the implantNucleus Cochlear Implant System is used. There are three different types of Nucleus Cochlear Implant System used at Cochlear Implantation Center. These implants differ in cost and in some features. The following are the three types of implants.
- Nucleus 5 System
- Nucleus 24 R (CA)
- Nucleus 24 R (CS)
For more information on the implants, please check out the following link.http://products.cochlearamericas.com/cochlear-implants
How to get in touch with the doctorIt is very simple. Just send the following details at email@example.com
- Age of the person
- Audiology Reports
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
- Hospital Stay in a Private Room as indicated above. One attendant can stay with the patient.
- Nursing & Diet charges.
- Routine lab tests
- Admitting Consultant's visit charges
- Surgeon’s Fees and OT Charges
- Cost of the implant/prosthesis
- Hospital stay after the said period.
- Visit charges after the said period.
- Cross consultations, if any.
Get answers to your queries round the clock
Call us or write to us anytime
Video Call or Telephonic Call facility with doctors
Get answers to all your medical queries
Free Airport Services - Pick up and Drop
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Move in the city
Hire our network Taxi Service at special rates
Choose hotels and guest houses that suites your budget
Special rates for our patients
Mobile Phone Rental
Get Pre-paid cards of different values
A representative to go with patients for treatments, appointments and for personal assistance
Ground Assistance Services
FRRO Registration, Flight Ticket Booking, Internal Transfers etc.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org