What is Chin Augmentation?The facial contour and the alignment of the upper and lower teeth is determined by the lower jaw or the chin. The teeth must be properly aligned for a normal dental bite. The cosmetic surgery to increase or remodel the size of the chin is termed Chin augmentation. As mentioned below Chin Augmentation may be done in two different ways.
- By inserting an implant or by reshaping or
- By moving the bones
Why is the Procedure performed?Balancing the face by increasing the size of the chin is the primary purpose of Genioplasty. It thus makes it longer or bigger compared to that of the nose. Some people a condition called microgenia i.e. they have weak or receding chins, but have a normal dental bite Chin augmentation is specially recommended to these people. To correct bite dysfunction in conjunction with jaw surgery Reconstructive Genioplasty is performed.
How does the procedure work?In order to determine which part of the chin has to be operated; before undergoing the surgery, the x-rays are taken of the chin and the face during the evaluation process. There can be two types of chin augmentation surgeries. In one the implant is inserted in the chin and in other some bones are moved
There description is as follows:
1. When an implant is in a Chin Augmentation surgeryEither under local anesthesia or general anesthesia is given to the patient in the Chin Augmentation surgery. It is performed using an implant. A cut is made once anesthesia is given. This cut may be made either under the chin through outside or inside the mouth. Creating a pocket in front of the bone of the chin and under the muscles is the idea behind doing this. Inside this pocket an implant placed. Teflon, Dacron, silicone or newer biological inserts may make up the implant used in a chin augmentation surgery. Then the implant is attached to the bone with screws or sutures that is now placed in the pocket.
2. When Chin Augmentation surgery is done moving some bones for surgery.This type of surgery of he Chin Augmentation is done only under general anesthesia, in this surgery moving of bones is done. Along the lower gum inside the mouth a horizontal cut is made in the first step of the surgery. The surgeon accesses the chin bone through this cut. Through the jaw bone a second cut is made. A bone saw or a chisel is used to make this cut. The jaw bone is moved to a particular desired position once this is done. The bone is screwed or wired in place in order to fix it. To close the cut stitches are put. The procedure takes 1 to 3 hours to be completed.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
- Hospital Stay in a Private Room as indicated above. One attendant can stay with the patient.
- Nursing & Diet charges.
- Routine lab tests
- Admitting Consultant's visit charges
- Surgeon’s Fees and OT Charges
- Hospital stay after the said period.
- Visit charges after the said period.
- Cross consultations, if any.
Get answers to your queries round the clock
Call us or write to us anytime
Video Call or Telephonic Call facility with doctors
Get answers to all your medical queries
Free Airport Services - Pick up and Drop
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Move in the city
Hire our network Taxi Service at special rates
Choose hotels and guest houses that suites your budget
Special rates for our patients
Mobile Phone Rental
Get Pre-paid cards of different values
A representative to go with patients for treatments, appointments and for personal assistance
Ground Assistance Services
FRRO Registration, Flight Ticket Booking, Internal Transfers etc.
Write to us: email@example.com