What is Breast Reduction?Breast reduction is surgery to reduce the size of the breasts. it is also called Reduction mammoplasty. macromastia is the condition of enlarged breast. It is usually performed for the reduction in the size of such breasts.
Why is the Procedure performed?Usually for enlarged breasts though Breast reduction surgery is performed but it may also be recommended is one has following problems
- Polycystic Mastitis: cystic breast infections.
- Persistent bra-strap groove, Striae i.e. scar-like lines on the skin of breast. such aesthetic problems
- lowering of self-confidence due to difficulty in finding clothes that fit.
- Chronic pain headaches, back pain, neck pain, breast pain or shoulder pain.
- Sensation Loss in the breasts, fingers or arms.
- Under the breasts persistent and chronic rashes
- large breasts causing poor posture or problem in sleeping
How does the procedure work?Either under local anesthesia or general anesthesia is given to the patient in the Breast reduction surgery. The surgeon makes three incisions around the areola which is the dark area around the nipples in this surgery, secondly from the areola down to the crease under the breast, and third across the lower crease of the breast. Than the removal of extra fat, skin, and breast tissue is done and the nipple and areola are moved up to a higher location. Often the areola is made smaller. To reshape the breast finally the incisions are stitched .The operation can last for two to five hours.
Before this surgery Mammogram i.e. breast X-rays and a routine breast exam are mandatory.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop
- Hospital Stay in a Private Room as indicated above. One attendant can stay with the patient.
- Nursing & Diet charges.
- Routine lab tests
- Admitting Consultant's visit charges
- Surgeon’s Fees and OT Charges
- Hospital stay after the said period.
- Visit charges after the said period.
- Cross consultations, if any.
Get answers to your queries round the clock
Call us or write to us anytime
Video Call or Telephonic Call facility with doctors
Get answers to all your medical queries
Free Airport Services - Pick up and Drop
Roundtrip Airport Transfers
Move in the city
Hire our network Taxi Service at special rates
Choose hotels and guest houses that suites your budget
Special rates for our patients
Mobile Phone Rental
Get Pre-paid cards of different values
A representative to go with patients for treatments, appointments and for personal assistance
Ground Assistance Services
FRRO Registration, Flight Ticket Booking, Internal Transfers etc.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org