Bone and JointOrthopedic Surgery or Orthopedics category under lists the Bone and joint procedures. The doctor uses both surgical and non-surgical means in an orthopedic treatment, to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors, and congenital disorders.
The joint replacement surgery is one of the most common orthopedic procedures. Joint replacement surgery can be performed for body parts like the knee, hip, shoulder or ankle joint. The worn-out or diseased joint is replaced with an artificial implant or prosthesis in a joint replacement surgery. Among the patients suffering with Arthritis Joint Replacement Surgery is more common. In Arthritis the joints are affected & it is a disabling and painful condition.
Our network hospitals offer the following various Bone and Joint procedures.
- Knee Replacement
- Ankle Replacement
- Shoulder Replacement
- Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Knee arthroscopy and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Knee arthroscopy and meniscectomy
- Repair of femoral neck fracture
- Repair of trochanteric fracture
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Repair fracture of radius (bone)/ulna
- Repair of ankle fracture (bimalleolar type)
- Repair fracture of the distal part of radius
- Incise finger tendon sheath
- Repair of ankle fracture (fibula)
- Repair of femoral shaft fracture
DiagnosisBy the use of the following methods, the Orthopedic doctor would do the diagnosis of the orthopedic problem.
- Medical history,
- Physical examination,
- Blood tests, and
- Imaging studies like X- rays, Computed Tomography (CT) scans, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Myelograms and Diagnostic Arthroplasty.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org